19 Mar 2018
- Second time buyers find it more difficult to move home than a decade ago
- Moving costs, size of deposit and affordable housing among most significant barriers
- Sacrifices to move include delaying starting a family or freezing wedding plans
- More than half are aiming for a ‘detached home’, and a fifth refuse to make any compromises
27 Feb 2018
Waiting for the January Jackpot: First payday of 2018 fails to deliver as average Brit is £250 out of pocket due to festive overspend
- Six in ten say their finances are out of shape, according to new poll from Nationwide
- One in four won’t have their account up straight until May while one in ten say December
- £119 difference between highest and lowest regions for savings expectations across 2018
- Seasonal survey forms part of Nationwide’s Q4 Spending Report, dissecting 200m transactions
- February is set to be a tough month as research reveals the average Brit is already £246.60 out of pocket by the time they are paid in January.
16 Feb 2018
- Society hosts industry roundtable on benefits neurodiverse talent can provide
- BBC wildlife presenter Chris Packham highlights only 14% of autistic adults in the UK are in full time employment
05 Feb 2018
Nationwide Building Society has today announced the opening of a new larger flagship branch in Coventry. The branch opens on 5th February, and the Society is relocating customers and staff from its current premises, 100 metres down the road to 62-64 Broadgate.
05 Feb 2018
Nationwide Building Society has today announced the opening of a new flagship branch in Aldgate. The new Aldgate branch, newly situated at 1 Aldgate, offers longer opening hours across the week and is much larger than its previous location. The opening is part of a wider investment programme, with three more branches in and around London having undergone refurbishment over the last few months.
10 Jan 2018
- Nationwide introduces unique new assessment for graduates and apprentices
- Escape room format mirrors popular games like Crystal Maze and Krypton Factor
- Latest element will complement more traditional ways of assessing new talent
23 Jun 2017
Correction: East London market towns are hotbed of ATM use 50 years after technology was first launched in the UK
• Correction to earlier release - first ATM was unveiled in Enfield and not Canning Town. Please use this version.
- Nationwide releases customer data to mark 50th anniversary of ATMs
- Top ten most used cash machines include three in East London market towns
- ATM usage dips year-on-year due to digital payments but cash still popular