24 Feb 2021
- Nationwide calls for innovative ideas to help tackle the Poverty Premium with new challenge
- UK’s brightest talent asked to step forward with winning ideas that will developed and scaled up
- Start-up business challenge launches alongside a £2.5m investment in the Fair By Design Fund
- Applications open 24 February; programme supported by charities and organisations across UK
23 Feb 2021
On Wednesday 24 February, Nationwide is reducing rates on selected mortgages across its range by up to 0.20 percentage points.
18 Feb 2021
- Covid-19 has long-term impact on importance of savings, particularly for younger people
- Brits prepare for post-lockdown ‘sunny day’ plans with holidays top of nation’s wish-list
- Five and half months is how long people believe they need to save to realise future plans
- Nearly four in ten add to savings since first lockdown, including one in four lower earners
- But despite positive savings signs, many are still struggling to build a financial buffer
12 Feb 2021
- New advertising campaign looks to the future and people’s plans post-lockdown
- Aims to build on savings momentum Nationwide encouraged through Payday Saveday
- Forms part of Society’s ‘Voices’ campaign; runs across both TV and newspapers
10 Feb 2021
The latest prize draw from Britain’s biggest building society topped £3.36m with 336 members winning £10,000 each after saving in the Society’s Mutual Reward Bond.
10 Feb 2021
- Applications for Nationwide’s tech apprenticeships open today, to start September
- Society to work alongside local employers to shape curriculum for autumn courses
- Nationwide played leading role in bringing the Institute of Technology to Swindon
- Institute one of 12 across England aimed at helping drive a STEM skills revolution
- Apprenticeships form part of Nationwide’s commitment to close STEM skills gap
09 Feb 2021
Nationwide Building Society will be reducing selected mortgage rates by up to 0.30 per cent effective from Wednesday 10 February.
25 Jan 2021
- Additional prize draws on 21 July and 21 October – offering more chances for members to win
- January prize draw saw 1,304 people win from a prize fund of £130,400 – odds of 1 in 36
- Nearly a third of accounts opened by end of April 2020 made it into all three prize draws to date
- 86,090 Start to Save members with under £100 saved with Society have now hit that milestone
20 Jan 2021
Nationwide Building Society is from 21 January 2021 increasing the maximum loan term at 90 per cent LTV lending back to 40 years.
12 Jan 2021
Nationwide Building Society will be reducing rates across various products in its mortgage range effective from Wednesday 13 January.
11 Jan 2021
- Expanded group consists of major UK retailers and consumer groups and will meet each quarter
- Panel will measure and assess impact of Brexit and Covid as nation hopes to recover and rebuild
- Nationwide focussing future efforts on four areas: Home, Work, Financial Wellbeing & Community
- Initial research from Ipsos MORI reveals changing societal needs across these four areas of life