29 Nov 2019
Assessment Period 1 (July 1st, 2019 – September 30th, 2019)
28 Nov 2019
Nationwide Building Society today announces that it will invest in fintech for good platform Percent. Percent’s mission is to revolutionise donating money by using the latest technology to enable people to raise money for their favourite cause, via the innovative Percent App, simply by spending as they normally would.
28 Oct 2019
Nationwide Building Society is today announcing that it will invest in Switchd, a company that automatically switches people’s energy supplier to ensure they are always on the best deal.
18 Sep 2019
Nationwide launches soft credit footprint and improvised case tracking tool for mortgage applications
- Decision In Principle no longer leaves hard footprint on customer credit score
- Updates to broker system to provide greater range of information and reduce calls
17 Sep 2019
Nationwide Building Society today announces its latest venturing fund investment in Bunk, a digital lettings agency.
01 Aug 2019
- Nationwide opening new Digital Innovation Centre in Holborn to house around 1000 people
- Announcement confirms Society’s commitment to service leadership across UK financial services
- Society will boost London workforce with around 750 new digital, data and technology roles
- News comes after the Society recently unveiled expansion plans in Swindon
22 May 2019
- Reliance on online for shopping and social media means many are sharing and storing personal details
- Six in ten post full name on social media while more than four in ten include date of birth and home town
- New industry efforts come into play in September to make online shopping more secure for customers
14 May 2019
Nationwide Building Society is today announcing that it will invest in Scaled Insights (This link will open in a new window), a company that uses behavioural AI to analyse people’s speech in order to communicate with them in language that is most accessible for them.
30 Apr 2019
Nationwide Building Society is today announcing that it has invested in Ordo, an innovative payment request service launching later this year that connects billers to payers using apps and secure messaging, putting billers and their customers back in control of their payments.
23 Apr 2019
- FinTechs to partner with Nationwide to create apps that will solve financial capability problems
- Nationwide’s £3m Open Banking for Good challenge set up to help financially squeezed
- Start-ups will be supported by experts from Nationwide, Money Advice Trust, Citizens Advice, The Money Charity, Money and Mental Health Policy Institute, Accenture, Doteveryone and Nesta as well as £3m fund from Nationwide.
07 Mar 2019
Nationwide to deliver "game-changing" service for small businesses as it takes stake in leading fintech
- Partnership with 10x Future Technologies enables Society to build innovative digital platform
- Digital offering will be complemented by Society’s unwavering commitment to branches
- Service will evolve to respond to current and future needs of UK’s 5.7 million small businesses