22 May 2020
- ‘Kinda’ tool created by Society to enable staff to receive a helping hand during lockdown
- New tool rolled out for Mental Health Awareness Week 2020 as part of focus on wellbeing
- Society’s 18,000 employees will also have free access to mental health platform Unmind
06 Apr 2020
In light of the uncertainty caused by COVID-19 for its members, the Nationwide Building Society Board Remuneration Committee has agreed to a request by its Chief Executive to reduce his base salary and pension combined by 20 per cent.
27 Feb 2020
- Building Society opens new Kembrey Park site, strengthening the commitment to its hometown
- The site has been constructed with community, wellbeing and sustainability at the centre of the building’s design
- Nationwide plans to send zero waste to landfill
02 Sep 2019
After more than eight years on the board, Lynne Peacock, Senior Independent Director and Chair of the Remuneration Committee, will retire from Nationwide at the end of 2019.
01 Aug 2019
- Nationwide opening new Digital Innovation Centre in Holborn to house around 1000 people
- Announcement confirms Society’s commitment to service leadership across UK financial services
- Society will boost London workforce with around 750 new digital, data and technology roles
- News comes after the Society recently unveiled expansion plans in Swindon
22 Jul 2019
- Nationwide is offering extended maternity leave to employees when their baby is born before the 37th week of pregnancy
- The policy provides second parent 4-weeks hospital leave to support their partner and family
- Policy designed in consultation with Nationwide Group Staff Union (NGSU) and employees who’ve had children prematurely and is available now to all employees who need it
19 Jul 2019
Nationwide Building Society’s Director of Payments, John Hutton, is to become the new Chairman of the global payments body, P20. John, who is currently Vice-Chairman, will take up his new role following the conclusion of P20’s annual Global Payment Conference, which takes place in London in October. He will succeed Bruce Lowthers, Global COO for FIS, as Chairman for a term of two years.
11 Mar 2019
Nationwide Building Society today announces it has appointed Carole Layzell as Channel Service Director. She is expected the join the Society mid-March.
19 Dec 2018
Nationwide Building Society today announces the appointment of Albert Hitchcock as an independent non-executive Director of the Society. Albert is a leader in information technology with a 33-year career in the technology industry. He will join the Board in January 2019 and, in addition, will be a member of both the IT & Resilience and Board Risk Committees.
31 Oct 2018
- Nationwide introduces unique new assessment for graduates and apprentices
- Escape room format mirrors popular games like Crystal Maze and Krypton Factor
- Latest element will complement more traditional ways of assessing new talent
05 Oct 2018
Richard Beck, Adviser to the CEO, has resigned from Nationwide Building Society. In May this year he stood down as Chief Strategy & External Relations Officer and a member of the Society’s Executive Committee, which allowed him to make provisions for his sick mother overseas.