28 Jun 2021
Nationwide launches new Illness and Injury insurance aimed at self-employed and those on zero-hours contracts
- New cover aimed at giving protection at a time many have found themselves unable to work
- Covers income up to a maximum of £2,000 a month for up to 12 months and is paid monthly
- Research reveals 51% of under 35s say income protection more important since pandemic
23 Apr 2021
- Nine in ten of Gen-Z (aged 16-24) are investors or have considered investing
- Two fifths of this age group expect to make big gains from investing
- Almost half of Gen-Z learned about investing from watching Hollywood films
- Younger generation believe they will see returns considerably faster
22 Mar 2021
More than two million privately rented households in the UK have no insurance policy on their properties, despite the contents of an average property amounting to £25,126, according to a new poll.
The gap in cover is shown in new research by Nationwide Building Society as it highlights the need to protect belongings in homes, regardless of whether they are owned or rented.
04 Mar 2021
Nationwide Building Society has selected the AA as its new breakdown provider for its market leading FlexPlus current account.
20 Aug 2020
- Apple Business Chat enables members to securely message Nationwide directly via the Messages app on Apple devices
- More than 14,000 conversations with members have been held via the service since 23 April
- Powered by global conversational solutions provider, LivePerson, new service gives members a direct line to Nationwide experts to help with a range of queries
14 Jul 2020
Nationwide Building Society is today announcing that it will offer members six-months free subscription to Switchd (This link will open in a new window), a company that automatically switches people’s energy supplier to ensure they are always on the best deal.
26 Mar 2020
- Comprehensive online resource provides payment breaks during coronavirus outbreak
- Credit cards, loans, overdrafts as well as residential and Buy-to-Let mortgages included
- Nationwide emphasises need to support people in the simplest way at an unprecedented time
- Society urges people to go online in order to free up phone lines for elderly and vulnerable
28 Feb 2020
As the world’s largest building society, we remain uniquely positioned in the UK banking market and we continue to strive to bring our great service, innovation, and long-term value to small businesses.
06 Jan 2020
23 branches across Sussex and Essex will pilot new approach to make people more comfortable
Nationwide Building Society is trialling a range of measures in branches to make the experience as comfortable and convenient as possible for members living with hidden disabilities.
29 Nov 2019
Assessment Period 1 (July 1st, 2019 – September 30th, 2019)
25 Nov 2019
- Member Credit Card offers unlimited commission-free usage worldwide
- Card offers choice of two introductory offers: 0% on balance transfer for 18 months or a 15-month 0% offer on purchases and balance transfers
- Only card on market to offer travel benefit and choice of interest free introductory offers
19 Jul 2019
Nationwide Building Society’s Director of Payments, John Hutton, is to become the new Chairman of the global payments body, P20. John, who is currently Vice-Chairman, will take up his new role following the conclusion of P20’s annual Global Payment Conference, which takes place in London in October. He will succeed Bruce Lowthers, Global COO for FIS, as Chairman for a term of two years.