26 Apr 2021
- £500 cashback for homebuyers purchasing EPC-A rated properties; £250 for high EPC-B rated
- Green Reward available across all Nationwide’s purchase mortgage range
- Available on all types of properties; direct through Nationwide and via mortgage brokers
- Follows on from Society reducing rate on Green Additional Borrowing to 0.75%
- Nationwide’s Green Additional Borrowing product also now available via mortgage brokers
21 Apr 2021
From 22 April, Nationwide Building Society will return to allowing bonus, overtime and commission income to be included as part of the mortgage affordability calculation.
20 Apr 2021
Nationwide helps Generation Rent become Generation Buy as Society increases max loan-to-income ratio for first-time buyers
- First major lender to offer first-time buyers ability to borrow 5.5 times salary up to 90% LTV
- New Helping Hand option to enable homeownership for many who have been frozen out
- Nationwide makes £1 billion available for lending on higher loan-to-income mortgages
- Last ten years saw average first-time buyer property prices jump 41%, while income rose 18%
- Move marks next step in Society’s plan to support those looking for a home of their own
23 Mar 2021
Homeowners encouraged to go green as Nationwide offers its lowest ever further advance rate for sustainable home improvements
- Rate of 0.75% on Green Additional Borrowing across all LTV tiers up to max 85% LTV
- Available for borrowing of up to £25,000 for a range of sustainable home improvements
- Nationwide to begin offering its Green Additional Borrowing to brokers in the coming weeks
- Case study: Amy Brierley of Bolton borrowed £25k to make her home more energy efficient
- Rates reduced as Society leads way on greening of UK homes
17 Mar 2021
On Thursday 18 March, Nationwide is reducing rates on selected mortgages across its range, including for first-time buyers, by up to 0.25 percentage points.
23 Feb 2021
On Wednesday 24 February, Nationwide is reducing rates on selected mortgages across its range by up to 0.20 percentage points.
09 Feb 2021
Nationwide Building Society will be reducing selected mortgage rates by up to 0.30 per cent effective from Wednesday 10 February.
20 Jan 2021
Nationwide Building Society is from 21 January 2021 increasing the maximum loan term at 90 per cent LTV lending back to 40 years.
12 Jan 2021
Nationwide Building Society will be reducing rates across various products in its mortgage range effective from Wednesday 13 January.
07 Dec 2020
Nationwide Building Society is reducing rates by 0.15 per cent on its two-year fixed and tracker rate mortgage products at 85 per cent Loan-to-Value (LTV). These changes will be effective from Tuesday 8 December.
27 Nov 2020
- Lending at 90% LTV to include house purchases and existing mortgage members1 moving home
- More capacity created as Society remains only major lender to offer 90% LTV mortgages
- Society to also remove restriction on gifted deposits to further support first-time buyers
- Mutual hopes these changes will help even more people move into first or next home