23 Feb 2021
On Wednesday 24 February, Nationwide is reducing rates on selected mortgages across its range by up to 0.20 percentage points.
09 Feb 2021
Nationwide Building Society will be reducing selected mortgage rates by up to 0.30 per cent effective from Wednesday 10 February.
20 Jan 2021
Nationwide Building Society is from 21 January 2021 increasing the maximum loan term at 90 per cent LTV lending back to 40 years.
12 Jan 2021
Nationwide Building Society will be reducing rates across various products in its mortgage range effective from Wednesday 13 January.
07 Dec 2020
Nationwide Building Society is reducing rates by 0.15 per cent on its two-year fixed and tracker rate mortgage products at 85 per cent Loan-to-Value (LTV). These changes will be effective from Tuesday 8 December.
27 Nov 2020
- Lending at 90% LTV to include house purchases and existing mortgage members1 moving home
- More capacity created as Society remains only major lender to offer 90% LTV mortgages
- Society to also remove restriction on gifted deposits to further support first-time buyers
- Mutual hopes these changes will help even more people move into first or next home
26 Aug 2020
- Two-thirds (66%) of homeowners over 50 worry about covering the costs of care
- Almost half (46%) expect to have to sell their house to afford to live in a care home
- Eight in ten (81%) plan to dip into savings for age-proofing home improvements
- 75% of those in West Midlands worried about care home costs vs 60% in London
- Nationwide offers free consultations on borrowing to cover costs of later life care
12 Aug 2020
- Society processing nearly a third more first-time buyer mortgages at 90% LTV than last year
- Decisions in Principle on-line have more than tripled year on year
- Nationwide one of only main lenders currently offering 90% LTV loans with unrestricted volumes
- Society issues rallying call for other lenders to support first-time buyers and re-enter 90% LTV market
04 Aug 2020
Nationwide temporarily amends mortgage lending criteria in response to unprecedented number of mortgage applications
- Huge mortgage demand, processing a third more per day compared to pre-Covid
- Helping 1 in 4 first time buyers as only mainstream lender offering 90% LTV loans with no restriction on volumes
- Society temporarily limits lending to new self-employed borrowers to max 75% LTV
- Reassurance that fully gifted deposits permitted on loans up to 85% LTV
15 Jul 2020
Nationwide to help as many first-time buyers as possible as it confirms rates and products across 90% LTV range
- Two, three and five-year fixed rate and two-year tracker products on offer
- Rates competitively priced from 2.49% with no set limit on numbers available
- Fee and non-fee options available to give would-be homeowners greater choice
13 Jul 2020
Nationwide responds to government stamp duty holiday by enhancing lending to those looking for first home.
- Nationwide increases support for first time buyers by raising lending limit to 90% Loan-to-Value (LTV) for many properties and would-be owners
- Will help more people benefit from the stamp duty freeze recently announced by government on properties up to £500,000
- Mortgages of up to 90% LTV available via Nationwide and through brokers from Monday 20 July