The new rates of annual interest for newly opened accounts are:
- Future Saver – 3.00% AER for parents with a main current account (FlexPlus, FlexDirect and FlexAccount)
- Future Saver – 2.00% AER for parents without a main current account
Rates for existing Future Saver and FlexOne Regular Saver customers remain unchanged.
The new rates for accounts closed to new business are:
- Smart Junior ISA – 3.00% AER
- Child Trust Fund – 3.00% AER
- Smart Limited Access – 2.00% AER
Nationwide is the world's largest building society as well as one of the largest savings providers and a top-three provider of mortgages in the UK. It is also a major provider of current accounts, credit cards, ISAs and personal loans. Nationwide has around 15 million customers.
Customers can manage their finances in a branch, via the mobile app, on the telephone, internet and post. The Society has around 18,000 employees. Nationwide's head office is in Swindon with administration centres based in Northampton, Bournemouth and Dunfermline. The Society also has a number of call centres across the UK.